Ace Vapor

Ace Vapor

Sunday, August 24, 2014

iTaste VTR Review

I must admit I've been craving the iTaste VTR for a while now and I finally bought it and the expectations were high. I've never owned a box mod before, I've always preferred the mech mods, but this rugged little box mod weighing over a pound had me intrigued and the green color looks great in real life.

When I first took the VTR out of the awesome display box I filled the iclear 30s with GR VAPE Doctor P e-liquid and started vaping away. I've used the iclear on my mech mods in the past and wasn't a big fan of the tight draw and limited vapor production. After playing with the variable wattage on the iTaste VTR I was able get a better draw with a decent cloud.

After I got bored vaping with the iclear 30s I removed it and screwed in the included adapter and put on a random RDA. I built a macro coil that came in at 1.3 ohms and dripped some liquid and tried it out. I was pleasantly surprised with the amount of vapor and flavor I got. I had the wattage down at first and got a cooler less dense vape, but it was nice.

 The iTaste VTR will let you build an RDA down to a .8 ohm resistance. That gives me the challenge of finding the best flavor coil build I could do at .8 ohms or higher. I spent the next three hours building coils without even noticing. I had some winners and some fails and I'm still not done experimenting. I was happy with a micro parallel coil made of flat wire that measured out at .9 ohms totally cottoned up. With the wider surface area of a parallel coil I was getting great flavor and good vape. My next step is to get out the plume veil rda and really try some crazy stuff and see what works.

All in all this has been a fun mod to play with and I'm obsessed with finding the perfect .8 ohm coil build. I would recommend this to anybody that doesn't mind having a one pound brick in their pocket. I personally like heavy rugged things so it fits my style, but I don't picture many girls lugging this thing around.

Thanks for reading and all comments or questions are welcome,

Ace Vapor














1 comment:

  1. Useful information on itaste shared. I am very happy to read this article. Thanks for giving us nice info. Fantastic walk through. I appreciate this post.

    ReplyDelete